During the last two months, Barcelona Activa organized a workshop on internationalisation in the frame of the Chebec Projec in Barcelona led by Toni González, a consultant for mobility in the arts and internationalization of culture.
The objective of the workshop is to provide methodological tools and resources for cultural & creative companies and professionals –mainly performing arts and live music—participants in CHEBEC programme in Barcelona, in order to be able to carry out their own strategies on mobility, circulation of their works and projects, and internationalization. In this way, the workshop is an excellent source of knowledge necessary for the development and sustainability of their projects and organizations.
The workshop is eminently practical and encourages the participants to apply what is exposed during the sessions to their artistic projects and business models. During the sessions, the participants are animated to use their projects, present them and discuss their findings and doubts openly, assessing them for the internationalisation, and design their own business plan for mobility and circulation of their works.
The workshop provides the participants:
- A methodological tool to assess their strengths and weaknesses for the mobility and internationalization and answer the question: Am I ready to internationalise?
- Resources and information to recognise the performing arts circuits and markets at an international level that better fit their projects and understand the mechanisms of international artistic relations.
- Training to design a mobility and internationalization strategic plan for the artistic and management project.
The workshop is held in 12 sessions entirely led by Toni Gonzalez. The sessions last 3 hours, taking the workshop a total of 36 hours. The duration is intensive so that the participants have enough time to discuss among them all the opportunities and ways of internationalisation of their own projects.
The contents and methodologies used are as follows:
a /General description of the methodology. Structure of diagnosis and strategic plan for mobility and internationalization.
b/ Starting point. Internal Diagnosis: The project capacities and limitations for internationalization
- The artistic and cultural project for mobility (artistic productions, exchanges, collaborations, co- productions .......)
- Available resources for national and international mobility: communication resources, experience, contacts, funding ...
c/ Presentation of the participant projects. The participants are asked to define:
- Strengths, weaknesses, threatens and opportunities for mobility and internationalisation of their projects
- First evaluation of their circuits, markets and key targets
- Distinctive values of the projects and first attempt to define their unique artistic narrative
d/ Diagnosis – Starting point – Environmental identification: Clients, partners, competitors, circuits, markets, networks, contacts…..
- Practical research on directories and resources for the mobility and internationalisation
e/ Definition of the objectives and priorities of the internationalisation plan
- Strategies of the mobility and internationalisation plan
- International communication strategy
- Distribution and selling strategy
- Financing strategy
- Visibility strategy
- New projects and collaborations strategy
f/ Action plan
- The participants are asked to design their own international plan: strategies, actions, calendar and budget